1/1 Photo of Casa D'angelo Salad II
This recipe is based on Cyclone Momma's recipe, but I always substitute anchovy paste for the whole ones. Posting it so I don't have to remember how much paste is equal to whole anchovies! I also use Splenda most of the time, but you can use real sugar! This comes from my neighbor's favorite restaurant while she lived in Indiana...and our favorite family salad now!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340.19 g iceberg lettuce
- 340.19 g romaine lettuce
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 236.59 ml garlic-flavored croutons
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Toss lettuces, peppers, bacon, mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into large mixing/salad bowl, set aside.
- 2To prepare dressing, combine anchovy paste, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cornstarch, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into blender (or use an emulsion blender).
- 3Mix in blender; slowly adding 1 cup oil.
- 4Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 5Combine salad, croutons, and dressing, serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Casa D'angelo Salad II
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 255.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g