From Casa d'Angelo's in Indiana... so good. My fiance's favorite!
Make and share this Casa D'angelo Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces iceberg lettuce
- 12 ounces romaine lettuce
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 anchovies
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup olive oil or 1 cup vegetable oil
- Toss lettuces, peppers, bacon, mozzarella, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese into large mixing/salad bowl, set aside.
- To prepare dressing, combine anchovies, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic, sugar, cornstarch, and remaining parmesan cheese into blender.
- Mix in blender, slowly adding 1 cup oil.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine salad, croutons, and dressing, serve.