1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
These frozen balls are made of cake, frosting, dipping chocolate, and toppings. The recipe came from a guy at work (Cary) who got it from a lady at a football game, who found it from a friend.... and so on!! Feel free to add your own flair!! The cooking time includes the baking of the cake and the freezing of the balls. Really, a very easy and really tasty recipe!!
My Private Note
cake ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix, any flavor (I used Golden Yellow)
- 3 eggs (varies, needed to make your cake. Check the back of the cake mix box)
- 1 1/3 cups water (varies, needed to make your cake. Check the back of the cake mix box)
- 3 tablespoons butter (varies, needed to make your cake. Check the back of the cake mix box) or 3 tablespoons margarine (varies, needed to make your cake. Check the back of the cake mix box)
- 1 (12 ounce) can frosting, whipped (my friend uses cream cheese, I used butter cream. Feel free to try your favorite kind!!)
- 4 (8 ounce) containers dipping chocolate, I'm not sure the size of the container, standard container of microwavable dipping chocolate
- 1 ounce candy sprinkles
- 1Bake the cake as directed. Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes. While still warm, break the cake into pieces in a large mixing bowl. Add the can of frosting and stir until mixed. The cake pieces will break up into much smaller pieces. (The mixture will be a bit of a mess and very gooey!).
- 2Roll the cake/frosting mixture into little balls (1" in diameter). Place them equally spaced on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for about an hour.
- 3Melt your dipping chocolate in the microwave (or if you prefer to use a double boiler, feel free). Dip 1-2 cake balls in the chocolate and place back on the baking sheet. Immediately decorate with toppings. The cold cake/frosting mixture will harden the chocolate rather quickly so you can really only do 1-2 at a time.
- 4You may either keep in a sealed container or back in the freezer! This recipe should make anywhere from 20-30 balls.
- 5Feel free to change up flavors of frosting, cake mix, or toppings for all different sorts of little desserts!
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cary's Cake Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 225.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: