Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend Caryn Gale first gave this pie to me as a gift. We loved it so much she then gave me the recipe as a gift. I now give it to you. If you like this pie (and I'm sure you will), give it as a gift to a good friend.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 (2 stick) cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- Mix all the ingredients except for the pie filling together into a sticky dough.
- Using 2/3 of the dough, fill a 8 inch round cake pan with the dough, pressing up the sides.
- Spread the pie filling over the dough.
- Add the remaining 1/3 of the dough over the pie filling.
- I usually pat out pieces flat with my hand and lay them over the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees C for 45-60 minutes.
Mirj. honey you tell Caryn this pie was simply delicious! Thanks for posting it, DH and I ate the whole thing with 2 tall glasses of milk. The best part was it was extremely simple to make. I am not a fan of cooked blueberries but DH is so I made it for him and I was eating it right next to him I will pass this on to all my dear friends too. Thanks!!
Well since I am Caryn Gale and this is my recipe...and I make it a lot, I thought I would let you know how good and easy it is. Great for people who love crust like Mirj and Howard. Love to give it as a gift.
Excellent flavor. I made mine with apples because that's what I had on hand. I think this would work well with any fruit. Thanks for posting.