Carver Brewing Company, Durango, Colorado - San Diego Union Tribune. Update 8/22/09 - Variation: Add freshly grated orange zest.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter and flour muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wheat bran, pastry flour, whole-wheat flour, brown sugar and baking soda, tossing with a fork to incorporate air. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, canola oil, molasses, honey and eggs.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until barely blended. Fold in frozen raspberries.
- Fill tins about two-thirds full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when touched. Cool in tins.