Miss Debs of Colorado's Note:
Tender flavorful artichoke chicken that won't choke you! Plus it's fast, easy, low in fat as well as calories. My hubby made this up one day and I love it so much I want to enter it in a contest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion into medium to small squares and saute in a large frying pan with 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of turmeric & 1 teaspoon of the cumin. Saute on low until soft (about 10 minutes).
- 2Make sure there is enough room for the onions. Don't let them steam or they will get soggy. If needed saute in 2 batches if your pan is too small.
- 3Mince garlic while waiting and add to onions for the last 20-30 seconds.
- 4Remove onions from heat and set aside.
- 5Using the same pan, saute 1 inch strips of chicken in the last tablespoon of olive oil and the last teaspoon of cumin. Cook on medium-high heat until chicken browns. Don't let the chicken cook in juices, cook in two batches if you have to. The inside of the chicken doesn't need to be cooked, the goal is to brown the outside without cooking it through.
- 6Once chicken is browned on the outside, add the can of tomatoes, the artichoke hearts and the onions.
- 7Simmer uncovered 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carsey's Choked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.9
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 286.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 31.5 g