The Wallaces's Note:
Posted for ZWT6: Great Britain. Looks like a delicious summer treat! The original said 1 wineglass of red wine, so I put down the typical amount for a glass of wine. Feel free to add more if you feel it needs it! Prep time does not include chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the sugar, water and wine in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then pour this syrup into a nice bowl and stir in the lemon juice and sherry.
- 2Slice the peaches and apricots and put them immediately into the syrup.
- 3Add the orange slices and bananas.
- 4Lastly add in the raspberries, redcurrants stripped of their stalks, and cherries, halved and stoned.
- 5Spoon some of the syrup over the fruit and chill thoroughly before serving with or without whipped cream.
- 6Fruit liqueur, rum, or sherry may be added.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carse of Gowrie (Scottish Fruit Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 82.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g