Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for ZWT6: Great Britain. Looks like a delicious summer treat! The original said 1 wineglass of red wine, so I put down the typical amount for a glass of wine. Feel free to add more if you feel it needs it! Prep time does not include chilling.
- Put the sugar, water and wine in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then pour this syrup into a nice bowl and stir in the lemon juice and sherry.
- Slice the peaches and apricots and put them immediately into the syrup.
- Add the orange slices and bananas.
- Lastly add in the raspberries, redcurrants stripped of their stalks, and cherries, halved and stoned.
- Spoon some of the syrup over the fruit and chill thoroughly before serving with or without whipped cream.
- Fruit liqueur, rum, or sherry may be added.