Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I hate throwing out "good eats," so when ever I buy carrots from the farmers market I try to buy them with their tops. The tops have a parsley like flavor with influences of basil. The prep./ cook time depends on how fast your carrots steam, but it usually only takes me about 15 min from start to finish for this side.
- 1 lb carrot
- 1⁄4 cup minced carrot, tops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or butter)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- Slice carrot in to rounds.
- Steam carrots till tender.
- While steaming, mince garlic and tops.
- Sauté tops and garlic in oil
- Add carrots to tops sauté, season with salt and pepper.
I made this last night for company. The majority thought they were great but had a few that were not big fans. Personally I loved it & will use this recipe again. Made for PAC 2011