Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a nice side dish trio. Points 1.
- 3 small zucchini
- 3 small carrots
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- water (or fat-free reduced-sodium broth)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Cut the zucchini and carrots into very thin slices (the size of wooden matchsticks).
- Cut the scallions into thin slices, including a little of the green.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the carrots and begin to saute, stirring frequently.
- When they begin to soften, add the zucchini and scallions.
- (Add a tablespoon or two of water or broth, if needed).
- Since the heat should be rather high, do not add the garlic until the vegetables are almost done, or it may brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice to taste when the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with basil and chives and serve immediately.
This was a fun, colorful side dish with supper tonight. I used a purple onion in place of scallion and forgot the lemon juice and didn't have chives and it was still delicious! It didn't take long to make once I julienned the vegetables. (The mandoline made that much easier than chopping by hand.) Thanks for posting!
Sooooo good and so good for you. The perfect recipe. Followed the recipe and won't change anything next time either. I recommend you not skip any ingredients. Thanks, Dancer.