Recipe by Dancer^
This makes a nice side dish trio. Points 1.
Top Review by StacyMD187373
This was a fun, colorful side dish with supper tonight. I used a purple onion in place of scallion and forgot the lemon juice and didn't have chives and it was still delicious! It didn't take long to make once I julienned the vegetables. (The mandoline made that much easier than chopping by hand.) Thanks for posting!
- 3 small zucchini
- 3 small carrots
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- water (or fat-free reduced-sodium broth)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the zucchini and carrots into very thin slices (the size of wooden matchsticks).
- Cut the scallions into thin slices, including a little of the green.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the oil.
- Add the carrots and begin to saute, stirring frequently.
- When they begin to soften, add the zucchini and scallions.
- (Add a tablespoon or two of water or broth, if needed).
- Since the heat should be rather high, do not add the garlic until the vegetables are almost done, or it may brown.
- Season with salt and pepper and add lemon juice to taste when the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with basil and chives and serve immediately.