1/2 Photos of Carrots With Spiced Pecan Topping
A great holiday side dish. Adapted from Seattle Times recipe. NOTE:This can be made through step 11 and refrigerated overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2In a large, heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 3Add pecans and saute 2 minutes.
- 4Stir in remaining ingredients; saute an additional 2 minutes.
- 5Spoon onto a piece of foil and cool.
- 6(Can be done 24 hours in advance and stored it a jar with lid).
- 8Bring a large pan of water to a boil and add the carrots. Cook 5-7 minutes. The carrots should be tender, yet firm.
- 9Drain and rinse with cold water until cooled. Pat dry with paper towels.
- 10Melt the butter. Combine with remaining ingredients.
- 11Spoon into a 9x13-inch casserole. (can be done to here and covered and refrigerated overnight. If so, remove carrots from refrigeration 1 hour before cooking.).
- 12Sprinkle the spiced pecans over the top and bake in a pre-heated 325ºF oven 20-25 minutes just to heat through.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots With Spiced Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 235.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar