Recipe by M Asp
Don't recall the origins of this one, but it is rich and yummy and great for holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 white pearl onions, peeled and cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small whole carrots
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour rum over raisins.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Cook onions in butter/margarine in 10 inch skillet over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in carrots, raisins and rum.
- Cook until rum is evaporated.
- Stir in wine, salt and dill weed.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and heat to boiling.
- Boil uncovered for 5 minutes.