Recipe by Lorac
Fresh cooked carrots topped with a sweet and sour raisin sauce. I like to add crumbled, cooked bacon just before serving.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
DH wasn't too fond of this because he found it too sweet despite the vinegar. I liked it but also found it on the sweet side. My 3 year old wolfed down her carrots so the sweetness is a definite advantage when you have a somewhat fussy child on your hands. Easy recipe to make and worth trying for something different.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in salted water until tender, drain.
- While carrots are cooking, mix brown sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stir in water, vinegar and raisins.
- Cook over low heat until sauce is thickened.
- Remove from heat, add butter, stir until melted and pour over carrots.