- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan, and add the carrots.
- Stir well to cover with the butter.
- Add the sugar and salt, and mix well.
- Stir in the marsala, and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour enough water to barely cover the carrots.
- Cover the pan and cook over low to moderate heat until the carrots are tender.
- Remove the cover, and cook until the liquids reduce almost completely.
- Serve hot.