Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I found this sweet and spicy recipe in a church cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 0.25 (8 ounce) can chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 lb carrot, cut diagonally 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh and chopped
- melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. add ginger, garlic, and curry and saute 30 seconds. Stir in broth and preserves. Add carrots, cover and simmer for about 6 minutes or tender. Season with salt and pepper; mix in cilantro.
This was a great dish! So good, I have made it x2 in the last week. I used fresh ginger the first time and had to use ground ginger because DH threw the fresh out.; I also increased the curry the second time because I love it. None of the ingredients overpowered each other. Save yourself some time and get the precut round carrots in the produce section. ZWT9 Made for the Gourmet Goddesses July 2013.
Very nice, buttery, sweet, savory carrots. I did remove the lid and cook a little while longer to reduce the liquid to a glaze and allow some of the edges to brown slightly. Made a beautiful side that would be welcome on the table at a holiday dinner, but easy enough to do all the time.