Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This Indian-inspired dish is another of my dad's amazing creations. It looks (and is) crazy-easy, but don't be fooled - this savory dish is full of flavor.
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch chunks (very large)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper (several grinds)
- Cook carrots in boiling salted water until just tender.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add salt, pepper and cumin seeds. Stir until seeds begin to sizzle and pop.
- Add carrots, stir until carrots are thoroughly coated with mixture and are heated through.
I never would have tried cumin on carrots if not for this recipe. It's great! I just put 4 stars because I didn't do the *exact* recipe (I steamed the carrots and used ground cumin) but I will definitely make it again. Thank you!