1/4 Photos of Carrots With Caramelized Ginger
Taken from April 2011 Bon Appetit: "The carrots used in this recipe are true whole baby carrots, each usually about three to four inches long and about half an inch wide."
My Private Note
side di ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Arrange carrots in single layer in heavy large skillet.
- 2Add 1 1/2 cups water and 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bring to boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low.
- 3Simmer until carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer carrots to plate.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons honey and ginger to skillet and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Boil until juices are syrupy and pale golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon honey, and lemon juice.
- 6Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon ginger sauce over carrots and let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- 7Scatter parsley leaves over and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots With Caramelized Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.2
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 110.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: