Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
An elegant way to serve the humble carrot.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepeeled trimmed baby carrots
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion top
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and sauté until carrots begin to brown slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Add apple juice and honey and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender and liquid reduced to glaze, stirring occasionally,about 15 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and sprinkle with green onion tops and serve.
Easy to make, delicious, and healthy. I ddin't use the onion tops. We gobbled these up and will make more soon. Thanks for the recipe!
Thankyou for a way to get my 20 mth old DD to eat carrots, I've had them honeyed before but this is so much better. Great recipe, thanks! For ZWT III
I made this for Christmas dinner, it was delicious! I was surprised how little was left. I used cornstarch to thicken it a bit because I tripled the recipe. I also added a sprinkle of dill weed for colour. Thanks for this great new way to serve carrots.