Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just learned that these carrots are named for a town in France. From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
- cooking spray
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 453.59 g carrot, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 236.59 ml water
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml butter
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml chopped parsley
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium until hot.
- Saute onions until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in carrots, water, sugar and butter. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
This side complemented our mains and other side very well, easy to prepare and thoroughly enjoyed. I scaled back to 2 serves and there was plenty for the 3 of us with mains and other side. thank you dicentra . made for my 3 Chefs.