Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just learned that these carrots are named for a town in France. From 1001 Low Fat Recipes.
Make and share this Carrots Vichy recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 lb carrot, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray; heat over medium until hot.
- Saute onions until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in carrots, water, sugar and butter. Heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.
This side complemented our mains and other side very well, easy to prepare and thoroughly enjoyed. I scaled back to 2 serves and there was plenty for the 3 of us with mains and other side. thank you dicentra . made for my 3 Chefs.