Recipe by Trnquilit
From Taste of Home's Garden Fresh Recipes. "This creamy carrot casserole is always a hit. An easy-to-fix but very special sided dish, it goes well with almost any meat or poultry." - Lise Thomson, Magrath, Alberta
- 8 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place carrots in a saucepan & cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover & cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Drain carrots; add onion, soup, mushrooms & parmesan cheese. Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 qt dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered for 30-35 min or until heated through.