Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
This is so simple but remarkably tasty. Cooking at the desired temperature of 185°F results in the perfect texture. You will need a vacuum sealing system & a Sous Vide cooking system. We have made this recipe several times and there is just something about it that keeps us coming back for more. You can make several packets ahead of time and save for future use.
- 4 large carrots, any size will do, peeled, cut into chunks on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring your Sous Vide water temperature to 185°F.
- Prepare carrots, cut them on a diagonal into chunks.
- Place carrots in a vacuum seal bag with butter, parsley (can omit), salt and pepper. Arrange the carrots in a single layer.
- Seal the pouch removing all the air.
- Place in your Sous Vide for 2 hours, no longer than 4 hours. If you use more carrots, cooking time will not change. If you use smaller carrots your cooking time may fall between 1-2 hours. Baby carrots, 45 minutes.