2 hrs 10 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
This is so simple but remarkably tasty. Cooking at the desired temperature of 185°F results in the perfect texture. You will need a vacuum sealing system & a Sous Vide cooking system. We have made this recipe several times and there is just something about it that keeps us coming back for more. You can make several packets ahead of time and save for future use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring your Sous Vide water temperature to 185°F.
- 2Prepare carrots, cut them on a diagonal into chunks.
- 3Place carrots in a vacuum seal bag with butter, parsley (can omit), salt and pepper. Arrange the carrots in a single layer.
- 4Seal the pouch removing all the air.
- 5Place in your Sous Vide for 2 hours, no longer than 4 hours. If you use more carrots, cooking time will not change. If you use smaller carrots your cooking time may fall between 1-2 hours. Baby carrots, 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots - Sous Vide Style
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 150.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 1.4 g