Recipe by Tyler's Cook
These carrots are easy to make, make variations of, and you control the calories and not to mention they are healthy!
Top Review by Debbwl
Ideal way to prepare carrots! Really like the new flavor dimension the bay leaf brought. I made as written using the full 6 bay leaves and would not change a thing. This is a keeper that I am sure will be made often, thanks for the post.
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 dried bay leaves or 3 -4 fresh bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt (light hand)
- cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to large non stick skillet. Swirl to coat.
- Add Bay Leaves to infuse the oil.
- Add carrots and water.
- Partially cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes until carrots are almost tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste, increase heat to medium-high and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir frequently.
- These directions are so easy, they can be adjusted for time, amount of bay leaves, etc.
- I have also used with sage and rosemary. All variations are delicious!
- If you like a softer carrot, cook longer, shorter time for more crunch.