Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
These carrots are easy to make, make variations of, and you control the calories and not to mention they are healthy!
- Add oil to large non stick skillet. Swirl to coat.
- Add Bay Leaves to infuse the oil.
- Add carrots and water.
- Partially cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes until carrots are almost tender
- Add salt and pepper to taste, increase heat to medium-high and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until carrots are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir frequently.
- These directions are so easy, they can be adjusted for time, amount of bay leaves, etc.
- I have also used with sage and rosemary. All variations are delicious!
- If you like a softer carrot, cook longer, shorter time for more crunch.
Ideal way to prepare carrots! Really like the new flavor dimension the bay leaf brought. I made as written using the full 6 bay leaves and would not change a thing. This is a keeper that I am sure will be made often, thanks for the post.
I make these all the time and have forgotten to review them! They are great and easy to make!
Wow, these were absolutely delicious! I love that the carrots get caramelized and get lightly browned. It gives the carrots another flavor dimension. A delicious dimension. Into my best of the best file this goes. Thank you!