Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Source: Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking An easy way to perk up carrots.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Easy! Used fresh basil from our CSA box and also used a fresh bunch of small organic carrots which were steamed whole. Very sweet carrots with the intense flavor of fresh basil. I did not stir the herbs into the mixture but also garnished on top. Very little salt and freshly grated black pepper. Reviewed for Veg Tag/May.
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into sticks (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine carrots, water, oil and half of garlic in heavy saucepan.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 14 minutes or until carrots are tender-crisp.
- Stir in parsley, basil, remaining garlic, salt & pepper.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.