Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I came up with this recipe after having done a search on Zaar and came up empty handed. It is a simple recipe and turned out exactly as I had hoped. I hope it will work for you as well as it did for me!
- 5 large carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices (or use baby carrots)
- 4 medium white potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium vidalia onion, cut into eighths
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine carrots, potatoes, onion and garlic with melted butter in 8x8" square glass pan.
- Season generously with salt and pepper, toss.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, stir and continue baking for another 30 minutes (or until browned to your satisfaction), stirring occasionally to lift bottom portions to top to allow to brown and crisp.
My family and I really enjoyed this! I added a bit of oregano and basil for an extra touch of flavor, but all in all a delicious side to go with our dinner. Thanks for the recipe!
Very easy and good. Carrots are so sweet-! May use half as much butter next time tho-. Just personal taste I think.
What a lovely recipe Bev. It was quick and easy to make with wonderful results. All the vegetables were tender and flavorful. They were the perfect side dish for our meal. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.