Recipe by Tebo
This can be done ahead and warmed in a microwave later. Colourful and tangy.
Top Review by Lorac
Excellent! I love carrots and this is a lovely new way to serve them. I made the recipe as directed using balsamic vinegar, but had to sub minced green onion for the chives. I made quick work of the slicing by using a mandolin. The carrots and onion come out crispy tender and the chive (green onion) garnish adds another layer of flavor as well as color. I served this with BBQ grilled steak with Stick to your ribs Creamy mushroom sauce #70794 and Great Greek Green Beans #71244. Thanks Tebo, great recipe!
- 1 lb carrot, pared and sliced into 1/8 inch thick rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, very thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flavoured vinegar or 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook carrots in boiling water 3 minutes then drain.
- Return carrots to saucepan.
- Add butter, onion, garlic and salt.
- Cover, cook over low heat 10 minutes or until carrots are tender crisp.
- Discard garlic.
- Add vinegar.
- Place in serving dish and sprinkle with chives.