Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Ever eat carrots that melt in your mouth? These do (or it just seems like it). My grandmother and my great aunt both made these. The thinner the slices the better (in my opinion) Buy them pre-sliced or use your food processor (with practice)
- 2 lbs sliced carrots (buy pre-sliced if rushed)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan melt 1/4 cup butter (don't brown).
- Add chopped onion-- cook until transparent.
- Rinse carrots in colendar-- shake of some of the water-- leaving some on.
- Add carrots to onions and butter.
- Add salt and pepper and sugar.
- Cover and turn fire down.
- Keep watching it and stir often for 1/2 an hour to 45 minutes Recommend making day before and heating up day of dinner in microwave.
These were delicious! At first glance, this looks like any other ordinary carrot recipe, but if you try it you will be pleasantly surprised. The carrots were tender, buttery, and simply excellent. Sometimes the simpler recipes are the best. Thanks for a terrific recipe that I am very happy you shared!
Wow, such an easy recipe with extremely tasty results. These remind me of the way my mother used to make carrots when I was a kid. I did add about 1/4 cup of chicken broth because most of the liquid was evaporating. This most likely was due to the burner I chose on my stove (it's very powerful). Thanks so much to Kris for posting this easy/delicious recipe!
What a great recipe for carrots!! LOVED it!