Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from "The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Book". Delish! This is so easy to make. If you want something just a little different to try with your carrots I hope you try this one. There are no strange ingredients in this recipe and you probably have everything on hand. I used regular milk as I had no cream but it worked just fine. I love onions so I used more onions.
- 4 cups diced uncooked carrots
- 1 inch boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- cornstarch, and water to thicken
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots, 1 inch boiling water and 1 tsp salt and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook 12 minutes or until just crisp-tender.
- Melt butter or margarine in a sauce pan. Add chicken stock, cream, parsley, onion and salt. Make a slurry out of the cornstarch and some water. Stir and cook 5 minutes or until of medium thickness.
- Add carrots. Serve hot.