Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from "The Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Book". Delish! This is so easy to make. If you want something just a little different to try with your carrots I hope you try this one. There are no strange ingredients in this recipe and you probably have everything on hand. I used regular milk as I had no cream but it worked just fine. I love onions so I used more onions.
- 4 cups diced uncooked carrots
- 1 inch boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- cornstarch, and water to thicken
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots, 1 inch boiling water and 1 tsp salt and sugar in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook 12 minutes or until just crisp-tender.
- Melt butter or margarine in a sauce pan. Add chicken stock, cream, parsley, onion and salt. Make a slurry out of the cornstarch and some water. Stir and cook 5 minutes or until of medium thickness.
- Add carrots. Serve hot.