Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple side dish from The Complete Quick & Hearty Diabetic Cookbook by The American Diabetes Association.
- 453.59 g carrot, peeled, diagonally sliced
- 59.14 ml marsala wine
- 59.14 ml water
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, wine, water, oil, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, basting occasionally.
- Transfer to a serving dish, spoon any juices on top, and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serving size: 1/2 cup.
- Exchanges Per Serving: 1 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat.
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 53; Calories from Fat 21; Total Fat 2g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 39mg; Carbohydrate 7g; Dietary Fiber 2g; Sugars 3g; Protein 1g.
I liked this. It was a nice, flavorful way of serving carrots. The sauce did not really create a glaze though, but it was tasty nonetheless.
Carrots are always welcome! This recipe with marsala wine is delicious, can be served as elegand side dish as well!
I'm used to use salt and I add to add some, but much more than usual ad the marsala is giving a lot flavor. Thanks a lot for this recipe
Thank you lazyme for a deliciously easy healthy vegetable recipe. I did use sherry because that is what we have, but marsala and sherry are alike. I made this as part of the I Recommend tag. I served it with a souffle.