Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A change from potatoes lyonnaise and colorful, to boot! Don't skimp on the onions.
Make and share this Carrots Lyonnaise recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium carrots
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 118.29 ml boiling water
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml water
- 59.14 ml butter
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 14.79 ml flour
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 0.25 ml sugar
- Pare carrots & cut into julienne strips.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in 1/2 c boiling water.
- Cook carrots covered in bouillon 10 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 c butter in large skillet; add 3 medium onions, sliced, and cook covered 15 minutes, stirring occationally.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and 3/4 c water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add carrots with liquid.
- Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Add pinch of sugar.
These were very good. Easy to make. I think next time I'll try adding some fresh chives or garlic chives to it. A wonderful change from just boiled carrots. The pinch of sugar didn't seem to make any difference that I could tell but on the other hand everybody's pinches are different.
Made for Chef Alphabet Soup.
10 STARS for this! Absolutely delicious. I only made half the recipe and I regret that, since I could have just made a meal of this. Will be making this often! Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.
I've been making this recipe for over 30 years now and it's always a winner. From the time they were young my kids only ate carrots this way. Also, this is really easy to make, can be made early in the day and reheated if you want.