1/1 Photo of Carrots in Raspberry Chambord Sauce
Shannon Cooks's Note:
I have been making this recipe for years and it is my favorite way to eat carrots. This dish is sure to impress and please; thus, serve it to those who are worthy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1Boil the carrots in water to cover with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and 1 tablespoon salt in a large pot until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 2To prepare the sauce, drain the juice from the thawed raspberries into medium saucepan. Stir in cornstarch and heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the juice thickens. Stir in the Chambord and gently fold in the raspberries.
- 3When ready to serve, reheat the carrots by sauteing in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, white pepper and lemon zest.
- 4When finished cooking, mound the carrots attractively on a platter, leaving a border around the edge. Spoon the bright red raspberry sauce into the border around the carrot mound and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots in Raspberry Chambord Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.0
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 1286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chambord raspberry liquor
lemons, zest of