1/3 Photos of Carrots in Orange-Basil Butter
This is my adopted recipe. This is delicious with the subtle taste of orange. I doubled the recipe but must admit I didn't measure anything. I sliced the carrots in my new Cuisinart, the first time I've used the slicer on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the carrot strips in a 10-ounce casserole.
- 2Sprinkle with water.
- 3Micro-cook, covered, on 100% power for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or just till the carrot strips are crisp-tender.
- 4Let stand, covered, while preparing butter mixture.
- 5For butter mixture, in a custard cup combine butter or margarine, orange peel, and basil.
- 6Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 15 to 30 seconds or till the butter or margarine is melted.
- 7Drain carrot strips.
- 8Drizzle butter mixture over carrot strips.
- 9Garnish with snipped parsley, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrots in Orange-Basil Butter
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.8
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 76.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.6 g