Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Sensational alongside plain roast chicken or pork.
- 1 lb carrot, trimmed,scraped and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon prepared mustard (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Cook carrots to tender, along with salt and sugar, in enough water to barely cover.
- Drain unless you have reduced all the water.
- Place butter, dark brown sugar, mustard and honey in heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick and syrupy.
- Add cooked carrots and toss to coat them with sauce.
- Season to taste (use white pepper instead of black).
- Serve hot, sprinkled generously with the chopped parsley.
These carrots are divine! I made this even simpler by using baby carrots and cooking them in the microwave, but made the sauce exactly as written (except using lactose-free margarine). The flavors blend together so well, and the mustard gives it a wonderful zing. We'll be making these frequently!
Worked out just as planned
Wow! I ate one and was hooked. Wonderful flavor. I used 1 T of dijon and it was a perfect balance. Could have eaten the whole batch myself.