Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A quick and easy way to make a side dish to serve with your favorite meat. I own two crockpots and have them both going at the same time.
- 8 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 1⁄2 cup chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Peel and cut carrots into strips.
- Place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, bouillon, wine, dill, onion, garlic salt, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour over carrot sticks.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Before serving, dissolve cornstarch into water and mix well until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Blend into carrot mixture.
- Cook on high for 10 more minutes so juices will thicken.
We just cooked these carrots for a fundraiser dinner (for 85 people, plus staff). We had five crock pots going, a doubled recipe in each, and cooked them for 6 hours. They turned out perfectly. I was very impressed. We needed to free up some space on our stoves, so this recipe really helped out that way as well.