Recipe by mersaydees
This is based on a recipe from Marian Burros' cookbook, 20 Minute Menus.
Top Review by nemokitty
Loved the cumin in this sauce. It added a nice taste to the carrots. I used baby carrots that I boiled instead of steamed and added more cumin. Delicious! Made for Zaar I Recommend Tag Game 2012.
- 11 ounces carrots, whole or 10 ounces carrots, ready-cut sliced, about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill steamer with water and bring to a boil.
- If using whole carrots, peel and slice them.
- Place carrots in steamer over boiling water and steam about 7 minutes.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, mustard, and cumin in serving dish and mix well.
- When carrots are tender, drain and place in serving dish with butter mixture.
- Toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.