Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a recipe from Marian Burros' cookbook, 20 Minute Menus.
- 11 ounces carrots, whole or 10 ounces carrots, ready-cut sliced, about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- Fill steamer with water and bring to a boil.
- If using whole carrots, peel and slice them.
- Place carrots in steamer over boiling water and steam about 7 minutes.
- Combine butter, lemon juice, mustard, and cumin in serving dish and mix well.
- When carrots are tender, drain and place in serving dish with butter mixture.
- Toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately.
Loved the cumin in this sauce. It added a nice taste to the carrots. I used baby carrots that I boiled instead of steamed and added more cumin. Delicious! Made for Zaar I Recommend Tag Game 2012.
These were nice, I rather agree about the sugar, just a touch would have been pleasant, otherwise,I did like these, and they're very simple. I scattered some cumin seeds on top, for serving, and added some coriander. Nice twist to carrots, thank you mersaydees! Made for ZWT8
This is a simple dish with surprisingly subtle flavors. I think it would lend itself to lots of variations - more butter, maybe some cayenne or some brown sugar, depending on your preferences. Thanks for posting.