Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
Posting for World Tour. Use dark lager beer.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup dark lager beer
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Melt butter in medium-size saucepan; add carrots, lager, and parsley flakes.
- Bring to a soft boil; reduce heat and cook until fork-tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Heat through and serve hot.
Yum! After reading the reviews, I decided to go with a lighter beer. We loved how it turned out. Simple and tasty, great for a fall weeknight meal. Made for the Oct 08 veggie swap.
These were really good carrots and I gotta love a recipe where I get to open a bottle a beer and oops, there some left. Guess I will have to drink it so it won't go to waste. Makes cooking dinner all the more fun. I used a light lager and 1/2 teaspoon sucanat. Otherwise followed the recipe with great results. The carrots were nicely glazed and sweet with that little something of flavor that makes you go hmm...Thanks for posting. Made for my Babes for ZWT4.
These were very very good. I did use a dark lager but for safety's sake added a 1/2 tsp of brown sugar. It made a wonderful glaze once it boiled down