Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
It's not very healthy but, it is delicous and you might wanna scale the recipe down some it's for a crowd.
- 5 lbs carrots, peeled sliced and steamed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 ounce parsley, cleaned and chopped
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- In a large pot combine chicken stock and sugar together and bring to a boil.
- Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Then strain the sauce and reduce it untill it is a at glaze consistancy (until the liquid coats the back of a spoon).
- Add the butter off heat and whisk it inches.
- Add Parsley.
- Pour over steamed carrots.
- (Note: i use a mandoline to cut my carrots).
Great carrots!! I steamed mine until they were soft (not a fan of crisp-tender). The glaze was great, not too sweet or buttery. I did use dried parsley but otherwise made as written for 1 pound of carrots. Will make these again!! Made for Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.