Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 cups carrots, sliced and parboiled
- 1 1⁄2 cups croutons
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 fluid ounces milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- Mix the carrots, croutons and cheese together.
- Place the mixture in 1½-quart buttered casserole dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the mixture over the carrot mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This was very good an excellent way to serve the lowly carrot.