Recipe by running rachel
This is a perfect recipe for gatherings or a nice dinner. Quick to prepare and delicious to eat!
Top Review by Lenae4
This recipe has a favorite at family gatherings for years. My son missed the this Thanksgiving. He wanted to know why no one made Carrots for a Change this year. I usually reduce the bacon some to cut the calories and fat.
- 10 medium carrots (peeled)
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil carrots until barely tender.
- Fry Bacon until crisp, then drain and crumble.
- Brown onion in part of the bacon grease after draining off some juice.
- In a buttered baking dish, combine carrots, bacon, onion, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top and pour melted butter all over. Bake carrots covered until thoroughly heated.