Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a perfect recipe for gatherings or a nice dinner. Quick to prepare and delicious to eat!
Make and share this Carrots for a Change recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Boil carrots until barely tender.
- Fry Bacon until crisp, then drain and crumble.
- Brown onion in part of the bacon grease after draining off some juice.
- In a buttered baking dish, combine carrots, bacon, onion, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over top and pour melted butter all over. Bake carrots covered until thoroughly heated.
This recipe has a favorite at family gatherings for years. My son missed the this Thanksgiving. He wanted to know why no one made Carrots for a Change this year. I usually reduce the bacon some to cut the calories and fat.