Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My cousin brought this dish to Thanksgiving Dinner. I loved it & had to have the recipe.
- 1 lb carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Cook the carrots in water, covered, for about 8 minutes. (I used frozen sliced carrots & followed the directions on the package.) Drain the carrots.
- Put the butter, honey, lemon juice & ginger in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Continue until all butter is melted and all ingredients are combined.
- Put the carrots into a 1 1/2 to 2 quart greased dish. Pour the sauce over the carrots & stir. (May refrigerate at this point for baking later.).
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle almonds over carrots just before serving.
This was a very simple recipe to make, which is definitely a plus!! The dish turned out a little to sweet for me. My husband on the other hand loved it. Next time I might just cut down on the honey so that they aren't as sweet. Thanks for the recipe!!
I scaled for 2 serves but made enough carrots (12 oz) for 3 and we all loved the sweetness with the crunch of the almonds (though when making again I would toast the almonds), thank you CaramelPie, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
I had a dinner party last night. My friend, who is an excellent cook, ( A+) asked me, (who is a C to C- cook), for my recipe for these carrots. I was so proud.!!! They were so easy to prepare. I used my salad shooter to slice the carrots. I cooked 1Â½ pounds of carrots in the microwave for only 5 minutes, with a little water for stem. I drained them on a paper towel before adding the rest of the ingredients. All my guests ate them!