Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sauted carrots in sweet amaretto - what could be better then this!
- 1 lb carrot, peeled, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces blanched almonds, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- fresh ground black pepper
- Saute carrots in butter in large skillet until lightly cooked. Add almonds. When carrots are softening, but still have crunch, add amaretto and warm through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Very nice carrots. Liked that they were not overly sweet. Next time I will cut my carrots thinner. Will definitely make these again. Made for BEVY TAG.
Very, very good. And I'm not even a big fan of cooked carrots. I used baby carrots and just sliced them into thinnish strips. Quick to do and enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing.
YUM! These were wonderful. I served these with pork tenderloin and couscous. A great side dish for simple meat and starch menu.