Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good! From my WINOS (Women In Need Of Sanity) cookbook.
- 30 fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur or 2 tablespoons any other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Parboil peeled baby carrots in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain. Place carrots into buttered 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine cointreau, brandy, honey and lemon juice. Pour mixture over the carrots. Toss to coat carrots.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Stir, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
These were ok. I needed to use up my Cointreau, so I'm hunting for anything and everything that uses it!
I made this tonight and it was given mixed reviews by my family, I personally didn't care too much for the flavour. Recipe was easy to follow and the carrots cooked in the times mentioned.
What a yummy way to eat carrots! We really loved the sweet taste with a bit of a kick. Mine did cook in the 15 minutes, but my oven tends to cook everything faster anyway, since it's gas. Very tasty! Thanks Mary!