Recipe by Pianolady
This is a delicious side dish from Graham Kerr / The Galloping Gourmet.
Top Review by sweetbonney
Pianolady I've been making these carrots and peas for decades, sometimes i sub cooked pearl onions for the peas and that's delish also. My mom also used to make this, she was a big fan of the "Galloping Gourmet"
two thumbs up !!!
- 2 lbs whole carrots or 2 lbs baby carrots
- 1 lb peas
- 1⁄2 cup 100% cream
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the carrots in rounds (or use whole baby carrots).
- Cook in salted water (start with cold water) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the carrots.
- Cook the peas separately.
- Place the carrots in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Add the cream; heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the peas with salt and pepper to taste, and toss in the other 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Place the carrots in a serving dish, and surround with the peas.