Recipe by Scandigirl
A different way to serve our vinter vegetables from the freezer; before we start our fresh summer vegetables.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb carrot
- 1⁄2 lb frozen peas
- 2 ounces butter, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sauce, hot
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a casserole and add the flour.
- Stir well, then add the milk slowly while stirring sell.
- Cook sauce for 5 minutes at a low heat, while stirring off and on to prevent burning.
- Taste with salt and pepper.
- Vegetable dish: Peel, clean and thinly slice the carrots.
- Then, blanch the carrots in salted, boiling water for 6-7 minutes.
- Cool, drain and set the carrots aside.
- Cook the peas as per the package instructions, drain and set them aside.
- Add the peas to the white sauce, season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the carrots, season to taste, sprinkle with the parsley and reheat them thoroughly.
- Pour the sauce and the peas into a service bowl.
- Add the carrots forming a border around the peas.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.