Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and delicious way to prepare carrots.
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 dash salt
- 2 (16 ounce) canswhole baby carrots, drained
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- In a metal baking dish, combine dark brown sugar, orange juice and salt.
- Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add carrots; stir to coat.
- Bake 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with syrup.
I really, really liked these carrots, but I halved the recipe to 1 can, but didn't realize my 1 can was 14.5oz until after I'd measured the brown sugar and OJ. The 'syrup was kind of thin, but not a big deal, as there was only about 2 1/2 tbsp worth and it didn't bother the rest of my food. I served this with white rice and bourbon chicken, so the really sweet carrots sort of contrasted with the spicy chicken dish. My bf wasn't impressed, but he ate his serving anyway, lol. I give this 5 stars; very easy, very yummy, definitely will make this again for myself soon! Thanks for sharing your carrot recipe, carolinafan! :)