Recipe by Veg by Marriage
A cheesy family tradition.
Top Review by livie
Very close to my families recipe for Carrots Au Gratin. I will have to try with Velveeta next time instead of American cheese. Also we always have used crushed corn flakes instead of seasoned croutons but that sounds wonderful! Thanks for adding this yummy recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (Velveeta)
- 4 cups cooked carrots, rounds
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Turn heat to low and blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add milk and stir until thick.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in carrots and parsley.
- Pour into shallow baking pan and cover with croutons.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.