Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A cheesy family tradition.
- 1⁄2 cup crushed seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (Velveeta)
- 4 cups cooked carrots, rounds
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute onions in butter until tender.
- Turn heat to low and blend in flour, salt and pepper.
- Gradually add milk and stir until thick.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir in carrots and parsley.
- Pour into shallow baking pan and cover with croutons.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Very close to my families recipe for Carrots Au Gratin. I will have to try with Velveeta next time instead of American cheese. Also we always have used crushed corn flakes instead of seasoned croutons but that sounds wonderful! Thanks for adding this yummy recipe!