Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a Kellog's Corn Flake Crumb box.
- 1⁄2 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 4 cups carrots, sliced, cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- Combine crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the butter; set aside.
- Add onion to remaining butter.
- Saute over low heat.
- Add flour, salt and pepper.
- Stir in milk.
- Increase heat to medium; cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until smooth.
- Stir in carrots and parsley flakes.
- Spread in shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with crumbs mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and crumbs are golden brown.
This is by far one side dish that has to be at our house for the holidays. I always double the recipe but still keep it in a 9x13 pan. I also up the american cheese to 3 cups with the double recipe.